Shalom Today Ministry strongly believes The Bible says, “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it Holy” (Exodus 20:8). God’s people were told to rest on the seventh day of every week. Nevertheless, most Christians today do not observe the seventh-day Sabbath. That’s why we teach our kids to observed Sabbath in Childhood.
The Lord has given the Sabbath day for our benefit and has commanded us to keep it Holy. Observing the Sabbath day will bring us closer to the Lord and to our families. It will give us an eternal perspective and spiritual strength. The Sabbath also allows us to rest from our physical labors and worship the Lord.
Why Christians need to keep the Sabbath Holy?
- Here are some points:
- The Sabbath was called Holy Day. Should it not remain Holy forever?
- The Sabbath is one of the Ten Commandments. Shouldn’t Christians keep the Ten Commandments?
- Didn’t Ex. 31:16 declare the Sabbath to be a perpetual covenant between the God and His people?
- Didn’t Isaiah say that Gentiles would be blessed for keeping the Sabbath?
- Yeshua Ha’Mashiach (Jesus) kept the Sabbath. Shouldn’t we follow his example?